A Nose job, technically called as Rhinoplasty, is a surgery that can change the appearance of the nose in a dramatic way. It is one of the most popular cosmetic nose proceduresfor nose restructuring.
Thousands of men, women, and children make use of this Rhinoplasty every year for functional issues. The result of this procedure is life-changing for many of the individuals.
Open and closed Rhinoplastyis the two types of Rhinoplasty. Open Rhinoplasty is done through incisions created on the inside of the nose as well as a small incision in the strip of the nose.
Closed Rhinoplasty is done through a small incision on the inside of the nose so that there no visible external incisions.
Who can undergo this Rhinoplasty?
- A person with complex anatomy can do open Rhinoplasty
- A person who wants to make changes to the nasal dorsum
- A person who needs minor changes to the nasal tip
- Ideal for the person who is self-conscious about the appearance of the nose
This is not suitable for the teens with a nose that is not fully grown and who expects a new look to their face.
Types of Rhinoplasty are
- Augmentation Rhinoplasty
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Adolescent Rhinoplasty
- Reconstructive Rhinoplasty
In reality, there are many reasons for the nose job or Rhinoplasty surgery. Most procedures are done to either improve appearance by altering the shape or changing the size of the nose or to cure the issue caused by abnormality or injury.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty surgery
- Helps to fix the broken nose which is damaged due to an accident or fight
- A nose job is a motivator to improve the confidence
- Treats the difficulty breathing and severe headaches that are all related to sinus issues
- Correct the birth defects such as lumps, masses, underdevelopment etc.
- Individual with the long-term, congenital breathing issues can be treated with Rhinoplasty that improves the breathing
- Rhinoplasty can also reduce the disruption created by snoring
- Restore the facial symmetry such as misshapen or crooked nose
- Provides better health
The patient can return to their work after two weeks. After a few months of surgery, the nose will start to contour and comes to settle into its final shape. It takes up to a year for the final results of Rhinoplasty to become visible to others.
Risks of Rhinoplasty are
- A burst of blood vessels
- Blood gets collected under the skin
Depending upon the patient’s natural body and the desired results, the surgeon will decide that whether open or close closed Rhinoplasty have to be done. There are benefits to both techniques so that patient should look for and ask a certified doctor for the difference of structure.
Rhinoplasty can bring improvements in both the appearance and function of the nose as well as the self-image of a patient.